Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week Three continued

Every time I try to enter the blog to post, seems like a new experience! I decided to read through everyone's postings to see if others may be having similar experiences and find it to be so. So far I appreciate learing about these Things and in a few cases can see where it may help in outreach for our collections in gaining visibility, but it is taking a lot longer to learn about than I had hoped. More questions about Weeks one and two, but as for this week: I have had some experience with FaceBook and LinkedIn, none of it very satisfying. Perhaps the Ning will be, as I've heard positive things about it. One participant echoed my concern about all the new accounts and passwords to keep track of, and the difficulty in unsubscribing once the course is over, so I'll be interested in responses to this. I am convinced that knowing about these tools is a good Thing.

1 comment:

  1. I see the value of Facebook for archival repositories and I can see that the Ning can be a valuable resource for professional networking, although it seems that the discussion lists serve the same purpose, as far as I've been able to tell so far.

    ReplyDelete